11.22.2008

Familiar Faces

A couple weeks ago the band that Erik used to play with (Other Lives) came up to Seattle on tour so we went up to Chop Suey on Capitol Hill to say hello. It reminded me of all the fun times I had watching Erik play with them...at Mike's College Bar, Third Place Coffee Shop, on the Library Lawn sitting with Vanessa smoking cheap cigarettes :)

What is it about seeing people from your past that makes you so happy? We spend so much time looking ahead of ourselves that a glimpse of the past feels so refreshing. It makes me realize the number of people that have come in and out of my life- all having something to do with the way I think and feel and percieve.

The song playing on the tape is their new single "Black Tables." It was recently featured on Grey's Anatomy. If you really like their stuff and want to hear more, you can check out their EP on iTunes and find an entire album under their former alias Kunek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment