4.06.2009


When I was in middle school I put together a life plan.
Age 18-22: Go to college
Age 20: Get married
Age 22: Have kiddos
So far I've been a little behind. (Thank the Lord because I was not ready to be married when I was 20. and kiddos?? I'm a little worried I may never be ready.)
I had this vision of myself in a purple business suit and a briefcase living in an early 90's decorated house.

I'm not exactly dissapointed that whole scenario didn't work out (I'm a little sad about not carrying a briefcase) but I am suprised at how far off I was in predicting my "self of the future."

Some days I drive to work with my sunglasses on and the radio up and I get there five minutes early and my hair still looks the way it was when I left the house.

Some days I am carrying my shoes out to the car because I'm that late and I'm curling my eyelashes at a red light and then I get stuck behind a school bus. Not to mention my pants are 2 sizes too small.
I promise I'm not going to break into a version of "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman."
but my house is a mess. I'm 20 pounds overweight. And sometimes I think I'm still a lot like that JNCO-wearing, MASH-playing, Backstreet Boy-loving tweener I was when I made that plan.
And that's ok.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment