1.14.2009

While I was in Denver I took my cousins to see Marley & Me (the movie aimed at children that was full of inappropriate sexuality and language for a kids' movie...ahem). Anyway, at the end of the movie Owen Wilson's character does a little monologue about dogs and how they love you no matter what and they don' judge you (blah blah blah) and he asks, "what person do you know like that?" My mom and I giggled and rolled our eyes. (I'm so glad she was there with me.)

Today at school I was sitting on the floor reading a book to my class and one of my little girls walked over and hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder and I thought of that line from the movie. I thought about how uplifting children can be. They are forgiving and positive and loyal. I love teaching and I'm so grateful I get to be around my students everyday.
In other news...

I met Ruth at JJ Mahoneys tonight in Redmond. Its a fun little pub on the Eastside with great service and yummy mudslides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment